Thursday, June 30, 2011

Green Chile Rice and Tacos

 
 My Mom as usual has made this for years. We used to always layer it as I did here, but we have been know to be too lazy and just mix it all together. That tastes equally as delectable.

I used long grain white rice. I think it was Jasmine, but you can use any kind. Make your rice per package directions. I did 6 cups of water brought it to a boil and added 3 cups of rice. I take it off when it is a little wetter, because it's going into the oven and I don't want it totally dried out.

You need sour cream and a can of fire roasted diced green chiles. I mix them together but you don't have to.

Here's how the layers go, but remember you can just throw it all together too.

 Rice

 

 Green Chiles and Sour Cream

Shredded Cheese


 More Rice...

 

More Sour Cream and Chiles

 More Cheese for the top.
Bake at 350 degrees until melted through.


 Serve hot/warm. This goes great with any Mexican dish. And is even great with barbeque- ribs chicken, etc.

No comments: