Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Morning Pancakes

I usually make a double or triple batch of these and the kids eat them for a few days. I am always happy I did the extra work when I don't have to make a big breakfast on a weekday morning :) You can freeze them if you want them for the week, or just refrigerate if its only a couple days.

What you need
This is a single batch recipe. Multiply as needed. 

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg slightly beaten
3 Tablespoons butter (melted)
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon to taste
 Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Make a well in the middle.
 Pour in egg, milk, and melted butter. I just take the fork and mess the yolk a little :) No need to dirty another bowl. Lord knows I'll be the one doing dishes :) Mix until combined. Add vanilla. Mix until smooth. But DO NOT OVERMIX! You want light fluffy pancakes. 


Lightly oil and heat your griddle or frying pan. I use a 1/3 cup measuring cup usually it makes nice size pancakes. Today it was my 1/2 cup. They took longer to cook so I feel like they got overdone on the one side. Usually they are perfect. When you see bubbles forming on the top, flip them over. And wait until brown.


 I didn't do it today but sometimes I slice bananas and put them on the uncooked side, then flip it for a delicious banana pancake.

No comments: