Monday, October 17, 2011

Wassail- My friend Kelly's go to fall drink recipe

 I don't know why the allspice showed up so much. But this is SO warm, yummy and easy! Have a get together coming up this Fall? This is a great thing to bring. You can even put it in a Crockpot so it stays warm. If you are home, put it on the stove and let it simmer. The aroma is awesome. People will come looking through house for what is making that wonderful smell :)

YOU NEED:
1 pint Cranberry juice
3 cups of Reisling 
2 cups Water
1.5 Tablespoons Allspice
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
Orange Slices

So here is the thing. 
I got the recipe from my friend. And apparently wasn't reading correctly when I made it 2 weekends ago. Then last night I made it for our pumpkin party and when I followed the recipe exactly it didn't taste right. So I know I have drank Kelly's many a time and it always tasted delicious. She uses the above recipe.

Last night this is what I did and it also tasted good. It also made a batch that filled the pot 2/3 of the way.
I did ALL 64 ounces of the cranberry. 1 bottle plus 1 glass of wine. 2 cups of water.
1.5 Tbsp. allspice. 1 Tbsp. sugar. and (1) 12 oz. Frozen OJ
 You just put it all in a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil. Turn to a simmer and enjoy! Put orange slices on the too garnish. Serve in mugs or hot beverage paper cups.





No comments: