Friday, May 4, 2012

Rosemary & Thyme Walnuts

I have to thank Krista for this GREAT recipe!!! I am so excited to have these on hand to munch on. AND I am REALLY happy to have more then tripled the recipe, now I won't be too stingy to share :0)
 
This is the recipe Krista got originally from Self magazine.
Heat oven to 350. 
Whisk together:
 5 tsp olive oil, 
5 tsp pure maple syrup, 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, 
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme. 
 Add 2 cups walnut halves, coat well. 
Spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet. 
Bake 10 - 12 minutes until crisp & fragrant. 
 Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp kosher salt and 1tsp chopped fresh thyme.
 I used a mix of almonds and walnuts because walnuts are not my favorite. But now guess what I keep grabbing...Walnuts :)



I had to buy rosemary but my thyme in the garden, made it through the winter! 
 My new Tupperware measuring spoons...aren't they cute :)  They match my cute Tupperware bowls.
Krista said she did Paprika, and I said Hey I'm Hungarian! Paprika and I go way back :) I actually used Smoked Paprika*
Whisk your stuff together.
 Pour over the nuts
 I used a big bowl and tossed them. Literally! HEY, It's Friday Night Fun :)


 Spread the nuts out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment. OR Krista said she used her stoneware so it didn't require parchment**
 SO PRETTY!

 Roasted for 12-15 minutes in MY oven. Yours may differ. Just watch them. I actually kind of moved them around in the middle of the cooking time
 After they come out sprinkle them with salt. I used Sea Salt


 Put in an air tight container!
I am thinking about making these as gifts. In cute little cello bags with bows.  I bet I could get them for a good price in bulk at Haggens or Winco. They are really pretty and they smell...YUM YUM!

 enJOY!

* so  if you have never used Smoked Paprika...Go buy some...TODAY! It is amazing in chili, taco seasoning, THESE! SO MANY THINGS! It is so fragrant and amazing. TRY IT!

**Parchment. Now looking at Parchment in the grocery store I was never so inclined to spend a lot of money on it. But then my mother the caterer got an extra case a few years ago and Rachel (you know, my friend, adopted sister-in-law, coach, neighbor, cousin-in-law) decided to split the case! We both LOVE it. We actually split another case when we ran out. I use mine for everything from baking (obvious) to make-shift plates for Pizza Night. Cut (or fold) the sheets in half to fit standard home size cookie sheets. Frozen French fries, even the battered fish I baked tonight. DO NOT STICK! So grab a couple of your friends, go to Cash and Carry and buy the case of large pre-cut parchment to split. You'll be glad you did!

No comments: