This chicken stew with biscuits is a take off of the amazing Barefoot Contessa's.
|Ina Garten's Chicken Stew Recipe|
|click this cookbook to see Barefoot's recipe|
I wish that you could really tell from this picture how much we have loved this recipe.
- 1 whole already cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups medium-diced carrots (4 carrots), blanched for 2 minutes
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas (2 cups)
- Celery chopped maybe a cup and a half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen small whole onions "Pearl onions" (if you like them)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley (if you have it ;)
In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock.
Also here is me melting the butter. ALL 12 Tablespoons of it. NOT LOW FAT!
Dutch oven, melt the butter and saute the onions over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until translucent.
Remember the post about my body image crisis. I think I said somewhere in there that "I know I cook with butter and cream but not every day..." Well ever since I wrote that I seriously feel like I have been. I need to throw some light meals in somewhere! Again though...
Today was not that day :0)