Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Barbeque Ranch Chicken Salad

This is our version of a salad my mom, sisters and I got a long time ago at a Nordstrom Cafe. We immediately tried to re-create it, because it was such an awesome blend of flavors. 


This salad is great on a hot summer night when you don't feel like cooking. I am just going to show you what I threw in tonight. Like I said under What's for Dinner, we made BBQ chicken on Sunday Night. We made extra for this salad. The kids just had regular salad, baked potatoes and leftover chicken. they don't like everything mixed together. Or they probably do, but they won't try it yet. Maybe they get that from their dad who spent most of his childhood, not wanting his food to touch :)

Chopped Romaine

Leftover BBQ chicken

Chop it up!

I added cabbage from my left over cole slaw bag and I also threw on some cut corn fresh off the cob because I had one left over from the other night as well. You can also use canned corn.


I opened and rinsed a can of black beans, threw them on as well as the chopped chicken and on mine threw on some chopped tomato.

You can buy the fancy tortilla strips for your salad, OR you can crumble on some Tortilla chips, like me :)

If you do not like Cilantro- I don't understand you :) But you do not HAVE to put it on there. I did HAVE to because I obsessively love it.


I do not suggest using bottled ranch on this salad unless you really love it. I HIGHLY recommend, Uncle Dan's Creamy Ranch dressing. You find it in the dressing aisle but it comes in a packet. Be sure to get the Creamy ranch NOT the Buttermilk Ranch. The Creamy you only need milk and mayo, the buttermilk duh you need buttermilk :)


We drizzle BBQ sauce on the salad as a finishing touch and also throw on some shredded cheddar cheese. 

This salad is A FULL MEAL! Not a starter!

No comments: