Friday, October 7, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

 
These Meatballs are great! My mom and I made them together last night. And by together I mean she made them and I took pictures :) She babysat the kids while Joe and I attended separate meetings. This was my reward for going out on a school night. I love them! You can use ground beef if you want, but they taste so good with turkey and are so much better for you!!
YOU NEED:
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 onion small-medium size. Mine was good sized and we used half for meatballs, half for our marinara.
1 good sized clove of garlic finely chopped
Bread crumbs - I like the Italian seasoned ones for this. 2 handfuls
Parmesan cheese (shredded) a little more then 1/2 a cup
Parsley chopped
salt and pepper
2 eggs
We used to put basil on the top of them we didn;t last night though
 
This is the onion but check out below how much  we actually threw in the meatballs.

Looks like the same pic but see bottom left corner for the garlic :)
First went in the garlic
Then the onion
See... the rest of the onion went to the sauce this is how much went to the meatballs.
My mom does not measure things! Not with cups or Tablespoons at least :) She uses her hands. She put two handfuls in of breadcrumbs. You don't want to over do it with the breadcrumbs because they are after all "meat"balls so just try to look for the right consistency. If you have GIANT hands :) Maybe just do one handful :)

This much salt and then about 8 turns on my pepper grinder
In goes the Parm, again a couple handfuls :) Maybe a little more then 1/2 a cup, but add to taste
Chop your parsley
Add to the bowl
2 eggs
Everything gets thrown in one bowl and then remove your rings it's time to mix
Gross as it seems...Your hands are the best way to do this :)

 
This is the best olive oil for the value. It actually was tested against several other "extra virgin" olive oils and was one of very few "TRUE extra virgin" olive oils. Go Kirkland Signature.
I put foil on the pan. Less cleaning. Then put olive oil on the pan.
 Form your balls to whichever size you prefer. These were about 1-2 inches in diameter.
Put in the oven at 350 degrees until done. How long will depend on how large or small you make them. Start checking them after about 25 minutes.
Here's what they look like all done. My mom transferred some onto a separate dish for Joe and I when we got home. You could also cook them part of the way in the oven and the rest of the way in your pot of sauce. Either way, Delicious.





No comments: