Friday, November 4, 2011

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

 
This was kind of a spin on a friends idea. 
All you need is:
Pork Tenderloin
Stove top stuffing ( I used chicken flavor, but I don't think it matters)
1 Apple grated on a box grater skin and all
Blue cheese crumbles
Apple juice or cider
Cooking twine


Heat your oven to 350-375 degrees. Make your stuffing per box instructions
I just grated my apple until I got to the core. It easily slid across the grates and when I got to the core I turned it to the other side.
 
I took about 1/2 the stuffing and added the whole apple to it. Mix it around until it is pretty evenly distributed
Slice your pork tenderloin down the middle. NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH. In hindsight I probably should have pounded it out a little once cut. It would have stretched a little better. Good thing I thought of that NOW.
Once I stuffed the stuffing apple mix into the pork I sprinkled blue cheese over the top and then tied it with cooking twine just to hold it together. A more skilled cook would have pounded it out so I could have rolled it more. It would have looked MUCH prettier that way.
 
 
I put it into a 13x9 Pyrex and poured in some mulled apple cider I had for moisture. 
 
Bake until it reads 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.  I just started checking it after 25-30 minutes until it was done.

I served it with nothing but a salad with apple, almonds and Poppy seed dressing. I thought it was good. The real test was when Joe came in later and tried it. He had eaten a late lunch so he wasn't ready to eat when we were. He LOVED it. I was kind of surprised. He just kept saying. "Wow, that was REALLY good"
ENJOY!







No comments: