Friday, January 20, 2012

ABC SALAD- Thanks again Mollie :)

 
This is my handwritten recipe. I taped it in my cabinet so I can't lose it. I have lost many copies before this and it was kind of a joke with my friend Mollie who's family gave this recipe to me, that every time I called it was for the recipe :) 
The salad is easy-
Lettuce of your choice really. I have used Romaine, Green leaf, and Spring Mix even.
Apples cut into bite size pieces with skin on for color. Jonagolds, Gala and Fuji's in a pinch
Onions- I like sweet onion ALWAYS! I slice it nice and thin.
Blue Cheese Crumbles

So then the dressing recipe is really what you need. The combo of flavors on this makes it one of our family's as well as all our friends favorite salads. It is best to make this dressing well ahead of dinner time. It takes some time for the sugar to dissolve.

MIX TOGETHER-
1 Cup oil
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
1/3 Cup apple cider
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds ( I had less then 2 T this time and it was still great)
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
3/4 Cup sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste




























No comments: