Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grease pencils...A great party idea!

The grease pencil also known as a wax pencil or China marker is made to write on surfaces like glass. They pretty much repel moisture and I don't know how I thought of it, but I have been thinking about this forever and ALWAYS forget to buy them when I am out. Everyone is always trying to figure out how to keep track of everyone's drinks at parties especially over the holidays. The best part of the grease pencil is you can write right onto a glass wine glass, this is great when you want to use your nice stemware and not plastic cups where a Sharpie would be more likely to be used. And by taking a paper towel or any dry towel you can wipe the names right off. They don't easily smear AND since they repel moisture they won't wash off. I got mine at University Book Store in Mill Creek, in the art section. I think you can probably find them at any Michaels or craft/art store. Not sure which section though so just ask. Mine are mechanical but they have the old-fashioned ones too that you peel the string to sharpen. Black is the most common color but they can come in a variety. I love the white on my red glass that I did not accidentally bring home from our hotel stay in Tulalip last month :)


 I left the Y so you could see the contrast.
Party On! 
enJOY!

No comments: