Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nervous Excited! SUMMER VACATION!!!!

School gets out tomorrow. To me visions of sleeping in, going swimming, running every morning, doing crafts and dancing in circles holding hands singing Kum ba Ya, are sure to be blown out of the water by the reality of 1 kid sleeping till 10am, but one until 6am, running once a week, laundry piling up, house chores not making my priority list, FIGHTING and fighting.

Here's hoping I'm wrong about both ends of that spectrum. I think I need to find a happy medium. I want to have "do nothing days" and "do something days." And perhaps when the kids lay into to each other, I will send them outside to battle it out on the pickle ball court or in a water balloon fight. I want some PEACE this summer. I want HAPPINESS this summer. I want back to basics, don't have to spend a million dollars, make your own fun, FUN this summer. I am SO excited, as if it was me who gets out of going to school for 11 weeks, and petrified as if I am the one stuck at home with 4 kids for 11 weeks. Oh wait I am! AAaaaH!
Here's to a summer of organized chaos! And here's to me surviving!

No comments: