Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chinese Chicken Salad


My mom has been making this for YEARS! It is another one of our favorites! 
The dressing is make ahead and easy. 

1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 Tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons sesame oil

I put some olive oil and salt and pepper on boneless, skinless, chicken breasts and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees until they were done. I then chopped them up and put them in the fridge to cool until I was ready for dinner.

 

I used already chopped Romaine Lettuce. Super Easy! 



 So all you need is lettuce, chicken, wontons and/or chow mien noodles, mandarin oranges and sweet onion 


I fried won ton wrappers and then crumbled them on top. I also did that earlier in the day and then had them draining on paper towels until I was ready. If you do fry the won tons take them out of the oil before they look golden brown like those below. They continue to cook for a minute after you take them out of the oil. You can also sometimes find them already made in the salad topping section of your market. Near the croutons.






 I also like mandarin oranges on mine. Joe does not :)

 Put your salad together to taste. If you are having it for dinner like we were, I put a good size portion of chicken on it. That makes it more of a meal.
 We like super thinly sliced sweet onion on ours too.


 ENJOY!!!



 Keegan had never tried my Chinese Chicken Salad, but he was a BIG FAN :)


 Cam liked the wontons :)

SIDE NOTE: Leftover wontons sprinkled with powdered sugar...a delicious dessert or treat the next day :)

No comments: