Friday, July 8, 2011

Lunch Today- Kid Made Pasta Salad

 I boiled Cappelletti Noodles. They were a fun shape :)
 Because I was standing right there. I let them cut up string cheese, salami, pepperoni, green and yellow peppers. Maddie used a butter knife. They each got a bowl and put what THEY wanted in. They decided the ingredient and the quantity that they desired. I think some of their eyes were bigger then their tummies.
FYI They were wearing costumes for a play they are doing with their cousins, our neighbors. Delaney is supposed to be a Panda, Cam a Monkey :)
 We were all talking while we cut, about cutting/kitchen safety. Making sure the knife wasn't pointed anywhere but towards the counter. Watching our fingers and remembering that you can only cut when an adult is present. I think some may get freaked out with the idea of letting little ones cut. But I would much rather teach them how to safely do it, then keep them away from it and then have them hurt themselves trying it some time. I have that philosophy with a lot of things and my kids. Teaching them is a very good way of protecting them.
 What a good helper. Maddie had a never-ending pasta bowl
 Keegs and Cam decided just to rip up the pepperoni.


 We used a Creamy Balsamic Dressing we had, but any Italian dressing would taste good.
 Always important to taste test your creation. "I think it needs a little more dressing..."

 Things that would also taste good: Grape tomatoes, olives, Mozzarella Cheese.

More Cheese Please :)
 Thoroughly enjoying his SECOND helping! Funny how much they eat when they are the chefs :)
"What a nice lunch" says Delaney 
"I love to cook!" says Cam
"I think mine tastes the best" says Keegan
"Num" says Maddie
Giving themselves a thumbs up for a job well done.

No comments: