Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School...SCHOOL SCHMOOL!

Twas the night before school started
and all through the house
not a creature was stirring
except for....

FREAKING EVERYONE! BECAUSE NOBODY LISTENS TO THEIR MOM WHEN SHE SAYS IT IS BEDTIME AND THEN THEY WONDER WHY THEY ARE TIRED AND CAN'T GET UP IN THE MORNING! AND THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEIR UNIFORMS ARE ALL MIXED UP...MAYBE BECAUSE MOM WAS UP UNTIL 12:30 WRITING NAMES ON 24 PENCILS EACH AND FIGURING OUT IF EVERYONE HAS THEIR PAPER TOWELS AND FOLDERS AND EMERGENCY KITS... AND OH WHO AM I KIDDING...

I am so grumpy about school starting. I am still not fully back from vacation. And it bums me out because I usually LOVE the first day of school. Usually I am one those people like that commercial where "It's the MOST wonderful time of the year" is playing and the parents are riding the cart down the aisle blissfully filling it with school supplies while their forlorn children walk slowly behind. That's usually me. I am always excited.

Actually we are ALL usually excited. We are usually- up early, eat a great breakfast, out the door on time or early, everyone buzzing with the anticipation. Now join me for a recap of THIS morning. First of all last night no one wanted to do what I asked. Dinner and showers took twice as long as they should have, which pushed bed to almost an hour past when I wanted it. Then no one could sleep. Delaney and Keegan were both in their rooms now an hour and a half past bedtime, secretly (until they got caught at bed check:) practicing their writing. Good time to do it the night before school starts. Keegan was totally freaked because he couldn't remember how to write a cursive b or  k. Um that's a bad thing especially when your name starts with A K! Finally they fell asleep or at least they were when I checked again at 11:30.

I had promised myself that I would finish my activities blog before school started so I got that done, but I let go of a lot of the things that I usually think are important. I asked Keegs and Delaney to write their names on their supplies. Delaney did it, but Keegan never got to it. Normally I would have stayed up doing it for him. But last night I decided that it would be a better lesson if I sent him and he had to realize he didn't do it. Maybe he'll listen better next time?

No one slept good. They all woke up late. Cam had a semi-meltdown getting dressed, remember those sensory issues we have been dealing with, yeah they really show their ugly face when his uniform comes out. But more on that later. Keegan was trying to be helpful and put the new box of cereal into my tupperware cereal thing. I heard a "MOM!" and then the vacuum start which is never a good thing. All this while Delaney tried to decide how her hair should be (forever) and Maddie who did not want to be up at 7am cried to find her "NI-NI!" This is how I found the kitchen when I just stopped home. Yes, that is milk on the counter. Guess I'll be stopping at the store later. "Yay!" she said sarcastically :)


Somehow we got out the door only a few minutes late and we made it to school in one piece. Mostly! I am looking forward to hopefully a better, more for real, fresh start tomorrow. They did look pretty cute though. We'll see how Cam does on his first REAL day tomorrow! I hope Keegs and Laney had an Awesome day! No really I actually do :) For now I am off to school for pick up. Already! Is that the meanest thing ever to do to parents. It's August 31st, it's a Wednesday, it's the first day of school, and it's NOON DISMISSAL! I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, cause all I keep saying in my head is "SCHOOL SCHMOOL!"



 Delaney-First Day of Second Grade!
Keegan- First Day of 4th Grade!

No comments: