Sunday, August 7, 2011

Run Ashley Run!

Ok so I did my 5K yesterday and I finished it, alive, in one piece, a little worse for wear and happy that it was OVER! Unofficial time 33:24. Not bad, much better then the 45 minutes I had allotted myself, not better then Rachel's or Katie's (who may I remind you is 12) 28 minutes or Karen's or Jacque's times, all who I was running it with BUT! I did great for me! And that's what matters!
I really wish that I would have been able to have that be the culmination of my 100 mile challenge, but it wasn't, so I have 13.5 miles to go in 3 days. I didn't want to do this if I didn't have to but there are only so many hours in the day, and I am trying to prepare to get the 6 of us on a plane on Wednesday and clean my house for my parents and sister to stay here, which requires cleaning bathrooms and washing bedding. UGH! So anyways the day before I decided to do my challenge (July 14th) I ran 2.5 miles for Abby's Breast Cancer Run. I have been hanging onto those miles as a just in case, and I have decided to cash them in. SO in the next three days I have 16 miles to go minus those 2.5 miles equals 13.5 which leaves me 4.5 to go today, tomorrow and Tuesday and then I will have done it!
I can't believe I am almost done. It seemed attainable actually when I started and then at about 40 miles I thought "What in the Hell am I doing?!?!" And then after 50 it felt like "Oh my gosh I can do this!" and then now I am like "WHY did I not start this 5 days earlier?!?!?" Oh well, too late now. But I am almost done, I am almost there! 100 MILES!!!! I need to start picking which spa services I want to have on vacation. I am SO excited for that and I definitely know massage is on my short list. I'm thinking Joe is wanting in on that action as well. I say fine...great..as soon as you run your 100 miles :) WHAT!? Someone has to watch the kids :)
So instead of packing or cleaning or making my potato salad for our end of the season Baseball All Star Party tonight, I am going out to run 4.5! I don't have time to, but I HAVE to and I actually WANT to. Not just for me but for everyone who has sweetly told me I have inspired them to try something! I never thought it would matter to anyone else, but it does. So out I go...Run Ashley Run!

No comments: