Thursday, October 20, 2011

HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!!!!

HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE!!!!

Here is what we are doing. I have posed the challenge to my kids. Figure out Halloween Costumes WITHOUT BUYING ANYTHING! 

The prize FROZEN YOGURT!

I am so tired of buying "over-priced" "under made" costumes. And since I do not have the talent of my mother who sewed all of our costumes from scratch. I will have to be more creative seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary things we have. I know this may seem like a tall order with 4 kids. But in reality I have a costume bin that may rival some community theaters. I believe we have the creativity, ingenuity and with Joe being a handy guy a lot of "sure we can do that" attitude, that can make it happen. It doesn't hurt that we probably have some crafty supplies lying around in my craft area or Joe's shop.  I know we can do it. 

See above pic of Cam that is not a costume, just some camo clothing found in his closet. A brown hat from under his bed and brown eyeshadow to make it look like dirt under his eyes. FREE Army man costume :) And the best part he was stoked! 

Delaney found a Genie costume my mom made my sister when she was little that Delaney is SO excited to wear. She found a purple headband to go with it. I have some stick on gems in my card making area we will use to be dazzle her face and with a broken necklace for a belt and bling for her headband. We are in business. I think she can even wear her sweats under the pants, which is a must for Hot Washington Halloweens. NOT! Always a cute face for Laney:)
Maddie is deciding between Delaney's old ladybug costume, a mermaid, a bee, or Cam's fighter pilot costume (A bomber jacket with a black aviator leather helmet and aviator goggles)

Now the biggest challenge. Getting Keegan to DECIDE what he wants to be. As soon as he does we will be in high gear. I hope he decides before Halloween Night!

The best part about this is that I have not been running around crazy trying to find the perfect costume. They are fully enjoying figuring it out here. They can change their minds as much as they want, but they just have to figure out what they'll use to make their new idea happen. It is fun for them to see what they can pull together. It is fun for me to watch them use their imaginations. 

I am so glad we are doing this! 


No comments: