Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blessed

It is easy to forget how blessed we all are. It is easy to lose our cool when the kids just can't seem to get along. It is normal to sigh in relief when they head out the door to school. It is expected that sometimes we wish for better from ourselves and those around us. It is human to put off until tomorrow what we could get done today. It is simple to say "Oh I'll schedule that doctor's appointment for next month" or take for granted the good health of ourselves and that of our family.

Unfortunately sometimes it takes a wake up call to remind us truly how lucky we are. I have had a few things come up recently that have been that wake up. I have friends and readers going through some things right now that I wish I could make go away. From losing a loved one unexpectedly to an out of the blue, horrendous medical discovery in a friend's child, my heart is wretched with both guilt and gratitude. Guilt that I have taken for granted the wellness of my family and gratitude for the wellness of my family. It is scary to me how quickly things can change. It is amazing how suddenly you remember the preciousness of life.

Please pledge with me to take your health seriously. I won't go on and on but just vow to be pro-active with me. There are things that even this won't prevent (as with my friends daughter) BUT early detection is nothing but our ally. Schedule that yearly physical, go get that sun spot checked, go give your lady doctor a nice show, just take care of business. That way if something does show it's ugly face, you have a point of reference.

Please keep my friends in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: