Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's the 12K's of Christmas

So I'm finally getting to bed. Sleeps not coming even though I am exhausted! Big race tomorrow. Thinking back to my first race ever back this summer. How scared I was. How I couldn't run for more then a few minutes. How wrecked I felt as I barely made it to the half way point and how happy I was when it was over. That race was 5 miles. Definitely ambitious for my first one. My only goals were to not be last and to not die. I cut it close on both.

Flash to present day, I ran with my gals who are also doing the 12K's tomorrow and we went 60 minutes-straight running-that's huge for me. Also we went just over 5 miles! That's the same as that first race except I felt great yesterday and I ran the whole time!

It's been a long road since that first run club last June. I have done a lot of things I never thought I'd do, or even want to do. I've found myself in the last thing I ever expected to. Not that I'm ready or willing or able to take on a marathon 1/2 or full. Really don't want to. But I have found myself getting into this fitness thing in a way anyone who really knows me as well as myself has been surprised by. My best friend just said yesterday "Ash, can you believe you're a runner?!" I really can't.

I have come a long way. I am excited and petrified and I can't wait to cross that finish line. I am so thankful for Rachel my coach and the runner ladies who have kept me motivated and going! OK ladies! I'm saying prayers for us tonight!

May the wind fill our sails and push us on our course and may we feel the drive to go further then we've ever gone before! We can do it!

I think I can...I think I can....I think I can :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: