Thursday, May 10, 2012

Busy Week!

This week is flying by! Thankfully I have gotten pretty much everything done that I was supposed to....thus far :) Teacher Appreciation Week is half over. Tonight we came over the hump that is Wednesday at the Ice Cream Social/Art Walk/Variety Show. Yes all of those together :) Delaney and her friend did a stirring rendition of Oh Susannah on the violin. They really did very good :) The art looked great (I will put up pictures tomorrow.) My 4th graders did me proud. AND the ice cream was cold and looked delicious even though I didn't taste it.

We also increased the number of donations to Children's Hospital by a great amount. I don't know if I mentioned, in my last Teacher Appreciation post but we are raising money to donate in the Staff's name to Seattle Children's Hospital. We have had several kids down there this year for everything from routine check-ups to Leukemia. Too many of our school families were there this year. Too many families from all over, are there every day. But thank God we have it at our community. In order to tie the fundraiser into our Staff Appreciation Week, we made it into a raffle. For every dollar donated the kids get to write the name of a staff member on a ticket and enter them into our raffle for a great prize! This includes a bunch of goodies AND.... A 3 day stay at a GREAT cabin! How fun! I love it! The staff are excited. The kids are pumped to both help their favorite staff member win but mostly help an amazing cause.

Breakfast Monday was a hit, Lunch and the Take Home Dinners were a blast to do on Tuesday and now tomorrow we have our Car Wash! It has been a fun week. The only thing I wish is that ALL our families could witness first hand the gratitude from the Staff. Here we are thanking them and literally all I keep hearing is Thank You! I told Joe I was going to make shirts that say, "No no! Thank YOU!" I guess it is a round and around that we will keep doing. We are all thankful for each other. How cool!

Like I said before. We should do it all year but since days fly by and we don't always get to, thank your teachers. Let them know you appreciate their time and effort. They will be so grateful. And speaking of being grateful. Be grateful for your healthy kids that keep those teachers busy too. I am linking a video made by a patient at Seattle Children's. In it a little guy from our school, is featured. He is fighting a good fight against Leukemia. Though I don't know them all that well. I think of his family every single day. And now thanks to this video I catch myself singing Kelly Clarkson's STRONGER all day long :) Please check it out. It is a very special link! Have a great night. I will be back to regular posting next week, when I have a few more moments in my day. Thanks for hanging in :)

Stronger~Seattle Children's Hospital Video

Ashley

enJOY!

No comments: