Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Cam Man

 Last night Camden had his "graduation" or (as I called it just in case) his "moving up ceremony." I was SO proud of him as he got up and sang his songs with his class. He didn't freak out, he went right up there and sang his little heart out! He was so excited! Afterwards he ran up handed me his diploma. He kept asking if this meant he DID get to go to Kindergarten now? I deflected and said we hadn't decided if it would be better or more fun for him to go to the 5 year old class or Kindergarten. I was thankful for a mom who had a very similar struggle last year for giving me that tidbit to call it the 5 year old class. He seemed OK with it for now. We have the summer to figure things out. It sounds like a long time, but I know that in actuality the 11 or so weeks of summer are going to fly! But I'm not thinking of that. Today I am only thinking about Cam-Today!

It is his actual birthday! He is FIVE years old! 5 years ago he entered the world as only would have been appropriate, on his terms! It was 3+ weeks till my due date. I had been dealing with bouts of high blood pressure. Not too weird considering I had 2 kids under 4 at home and we had just moved. I wasn't feeling great on June 10th. I thought I would just feel better for the night if they monitored my blood pressure at the hospital for a little bit. So I left Joe at home, my mom picked the kids and I up and DROPPED me off at the hospital. She kept saying "are you sure?" I said "Of course! They are just going to check me out and send me home," Flash to a half hour or so later, I am in triage getting monitored, and I just don't feel very good. I am not contracting I don't think, but I feel very restless and like I can't sit still. Like I can't get comfortable. My doctor who happened to be on call, comes in to check on me. And amongst the small talk she checks me again and says "um what were you when you came in, a 3? Now you are a 5! You are in LABOR! Where is Joe?!?!?" Needless to say I called him and let him know that he needed to come now! I had already had 2 c-sections so they started prepping me for my 3rd. Not wanting me to progress to much before surgery. Joe got there at 7 something and by 8:20 pm. Cam was here. It was a whirlwind...It was crazy...It was as only Cam could have done it. He came when HE was ready :) 

I think it is important on this, his birthday, to remind myself that it can be a GOOD thing to be SO particular. There are many people in this world who benefit from being particular. It is managing it that will be the key! I feel a lot of hope and promise looking at him today. I just keep saying what I say on every birthday to everyone...
"May this be you best year yet!"

Happy Birthday CAM-MAN. I love you THIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Big! Thanks for being you! I hope you have a Great Day!
Mama

No comments: