Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Christmas in July!

Is this a JOKE?!?! Whoever came up with Christmas in July SUCKS! I do NOT want to think about snowflakes falling, or tree trimming or gift buying right now. I certainly don't want to sit and watch Christmas movies- XFINITY! I understand there are super organized people who shop ahead and they can certainly still do that, they don’t need Christmas movies playing to do so. Also those that "craft" that need time to do so, I will say an all year Christmas aisle at Michaels the concept is not lost on me. But when I see Christmas stuff on SALE in July, like with headlines that read. "Get a jump start on the holiday bustle!" NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

I am drawing a line in the sand. I am tired of being rushed through life by the next season or holiday showing up 6 months ahead of schedule. Do you remember being a kid and the anticipation and the fun of when a special occasion FINALLY arrived! It used to be that back to school stuff came out after the 4th of July and Halloween showed up after the start of school. Christmas after Thanksgiving. Now Back to school stuff comes out BEFORE Fourth of July and Summer stuff is on sale and picked over by the 5th of July. Which is SUPER here in the Northwest, because Summer hasn’t barely shown up yet and its the end of July! I went to buy a pool for the kids to play in the other day and Bonus they were on sale, Or should I say would have been if there was one left on the shelf. I asked someone at the store when they'd be getting more in and they said they were not restocking summer stuff, because they had to make room for MORE back to school stuff and their HALLOWEEN stuff! Christmas stuff will be out BEFORE Halloween!

This tirade of mine started long ago I'd say a few years at least but the tip of the iceberg was this year when I went to shop for a hooded sweatshirt in APRIL and every store had their Summer stuff out. No sweatshirts! This poses a problem for me because we live in WASHINGTON!!!! It has been 60 degrees for most of our "Summer" so a sweatshirt would be helpful. Sure some might say, "Well you should have thought ahead and bought it in February when they were still out" and to that I say "I didn’t realize in February Maddie was going to be grown out of her sweatshirts in May. And I am not that person who thinks ahead and frankly I resent the fact that I should have to!"

RETAILERS PLEASE NOTE: We live in a climate where yes, we get some days in the 80 + degree range, but even then our evenings are in the 60's, and this being said, in every store across our state SWEATSHIRTS should be available at ALL times of the year. Thank you for your consideration ~ a concerned shopper

As for the Christmas in July, if it is even a question I WILL NOT BE PARTAKING :) I would like to live my life one season, one occasion at a time. Not constantly looking past these to what’s next. And whereas this may make it seem like at times I am procrastinating and unorganized...Really I think it shows that I am enjoying life and living it to the fullest in each and every moment. Join the revolution people :)

No comments: