Friday, July 15, 2011

My week-In a nutshell!

Well these lazy days of Summer have been passing all too quickly. I remember when I was a little kid, the Summer felt like it lasted as long as a year feels like it lasts to me now. We have been doing what I set out to do this Summer (for the most part) but there is one problem. The rain has officially pissed me off, one too many times. And I'm over it.

"You know what Rain! I have spent the last few months defending you! Touting your glory as to what makes this area of ours so beautiful and green and telling others how you were just here for a little longer and then your brother Sun would be here! But NO MORE! I don't need you and your 63 degree "SUMMER?" days. I had my fill of them in the Spring and I'm moving on! Go visit your cousins around the globe. I'm sure there is some drought ravaged country that could USE your services. We here in Washington have had our fill. It is time for us to go our separate ways! BUH-BYE!

I am not against sending my children out in the rain, I for sure have sent them out in their boots and jackets, when it has been too many hours indoors, but REALLY. Its not just wet, its been kind of cold, and the other evening I felt like someone was holding a fire hose over my house. It was raining SO hard.This type of weather has begun to lend itself to a few kinds of actions in our home.

A-Boredom B-Destruction and C-Pantry/Fridge Emptying.

A-Boredom-
1)TOO MANY VIDEO GAMES
2) FIGHTING/ANTAGONIZING
3) WE "played" school the other day, it was finally a worthy use of our free time. I think it is time for me to pull out my summer camp/teaching bag of tricks. But to a certain extent I feel like I am not supposed to be activities director for their entire day. Sure I plan things here and there, but isn't part of today's kids problem that they NEED that type of direction 24/7. I don't know about you, but my mom surely did not organize every moment of my free days. We were outside playing whatever ALL DAY. She had to beg us to come in! I think I need to come up with ideas but let them figure it out.
4) We are on a 3 day minimum GAME FREEZE. No computer, Wii, iphone, ipad etc. I told them this was happening last night. Keegan and Cam never wanted to go to bed. They wanted to play until they passed out (that was not happening) I got them to bed, and later went on a search to find MY phone. Joe was checking on the kids upstairs, the boys were still awake, it's 10:30 pm. Here is how the conversation went

Joe to Cam: "Hey do you know where Mom's phone went?"
Cam: "Uh...Yes it's wight here in my top drawer." his r's sound like w's
Joe: "Cam, why did you take Mom's phone?"
Cam: "Oh, because I was going to play it later."

Like Duh DAD! I guess at least he's honest?!?!

B-Destruction-
My house which was SO CLEAN a week ago, not so much today. And I am blogging rather then working on it. Oops :)
1) Delaney decided to take everything in her room and move it- "I was PLAYING with it MOM!"
2) I was getting a call from a friend far away, I went to grab the phone and turned a corner to see Maddie (naked besides her diaper) stick her hand IN her diaper, pull her hand out, see the POO that is on her hand say "Eeew! Gross!" Then proceed to wipe it ON THE WALL!!!! She froze when she saw me and said "Mom, Yucky!" and I said "NO KIDDING!" Oh my gosh, I who just posted last week about not being grossed out by poop was gagging as I washed my walls! Seriously!

C-Pantry/Fridge Emptying-
This time honored practice has for years been a product of A-Boredom.
Apparently the same kids who complain vehemently when I say we have to go to the store AGAIN. See no problem in being the cause of the extra trips. They wake in the morning "What's for breakfast?" An hour later its SNACK time and then by the time I have gotten breakfast and snack cleaned up it is, Yes indeed Lunch Time! Once lunch is cleaned up, they are ready for happy hour appetizer time and then I clean that up while I make dinner. I guess it is mostly my fault. I used to do the same thing to my mom, I HATE PAYBACKS! But seriously the people at our local market are pretty much on a first name basis with us. And as I have written of both my love and fear of shopping with the Tribe. It is always exciting and a spectacle.

FYI- I could tell they were sneaking something as I was cleaning the kitchen and when I went to BUST them, this is what I found. 
 Ouch! Sorry kids. That's way better then what I have been sneaking this morning :)


As I am writing this...
The kids are at Camp K.T. This is something that will be getting it's own post ASAP, but in a nutshell, it is the day camp that another of our amazing cousins, Katie the eldest of all the cousins, puts on for our kids and her siblings. They go usually every Friday for a couple hours. She plans activities and games and the kids are busy for 2 whole hours so I am a lucky girl. She started the camp a couple summers ago, just as some fun days and last summer it was more official, but this summer she passed the bar again and made it Official Official :0) Today was "water day" (thank you SUN this afternoon) and the kids just got done. They came in "just to see what I was up to" Then said "OK we're going back outside"

So maybe we did just need a little sun! A little fun! A little change of scenery!
Hope it feels like Summer where you are!

 OH MY GOSH!!!!!
The Beatles "Here Comes the Sun JUST shuffled onto my iPod! It's meant to be!


"And I say, It's Alright!"
:) 
HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL!


















No comments: