Saturday, August 13, 2011

Aloha style?!? :)




I apologize for the lapse between posts. It has been very exhausting over here :) The sun and heat really take it out of you. As well as the constant jumping into the ocean and ordering drinks with umbrellas in them and eating until you are so full you feel you may burst! What's that saying? "It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. I know, not a lot if ANY sympathy. I totally understand. But I have been trying to write this post for 3 days and I keep getting interrupted. Also I am typing it on my phone, because my iPad requires a wi-fi hot spot which I haven't had time to search for. So anyways, here it is. I have inserted a hundred :) because I can't help but smile as I type this, thinking of all the great Aloha Style I have seen. And I truly mean it when I say I love it! I really do! So Aloha!

Hawaii is an interesting place when it comes to the definition of suitable attire. I feel that being here gives everyone a get out of jail free card from the fashion police. People watching is an all day event here and you can't help but make mental checks of the "way to go's" and the "oh no's" :) where certain "looks" are concerned :)

In a matter of an hour you will see some hot 20 year old rocking a bikini like you NEVER could and then a 50ish man in a "mankini" and think "yikes! That is REALLY tight in all the wrong places :)" I've seen beautiful pregnant women flaunting their beautiful round bellies in bikinis and I couldn't help but feel so jealous I didn't have an excuse for my beautiful round belly:) I loved the 6 foot, model looking gal, killing herself trying to walk through the sand with her 5 inch stiletto heels, hello it's a beach?!? 2 guys from Minnesota or Wisconsin (Mid-West for sure) with red streaks across their backs and chest where they MISSED with the sunscreen :/ Ouch!

People- and I'm guilty of this as well, think this is the time to pull out your boldest print shirt, pants, or dress and wear without fear. I looked at all of us leaving for dinner and thought to myself "Wow! I'm probably going to want to print any photos from tonight in black and white! We've got A LOT going on" :) but then I thought, who cares! We are island style tonight! Hello giant hibiscus in my hair :)

I love it! I love checking out everyone's ensembles! It's like a
wonderful melting pot of style and lack there of but nobody seems to care! I saw a woman dressed to the nines in a sequence "sun dress" with 6 inch platform wedge sandals and her husband walking with her in the loudest aloha shirt I've EVER seen, shorts and flip flops, he looked about 8 inches shorter then her, but was looking at her like she was the hottest thing around! It was so sweet and hilarious all at the same time.

Sunday the beaches were extra full of people. This meant an extra large group of people watching prospects. You may think I'm terrible for admitting my voyeur ways but guess what in my peripheral vision I have caught many a points and whispers in our direction. Every single place we go, we get the "WOW! Are these all your kids!?!" Yes, yes they are :) Then people proceed to watch and talk amongst themselves about how busy we must be and then they just stare. I know we are somewhat a spectacle but come on people! I've seen a dozen families with 4 or FIVE teenagers and no one seems to notice!

Any ways, I'm was on a tangent. I'm back :) Tonight is like the Senior Prom of our Hawaiian Vacation! Luau time! I can't wait to see everyone in their Aloha Best! I may even go buy the boys some crazy shirts to wear! When else can you do that! I'm taking full advantage! I bought a swimsuit cover up/shirt/evening gown/skirt that is all the rage here! I wanted to wear it tonight, but I don't want to look like everyone else, but then again when else will I be able to wear something like that?!? Maybe in my backyard, but where's the fun in that! I'll probably go for it! I myself have sported a bikini-NOT tankini! Have mercy! My apologies to all around me:) It's been a LONG time since this tummy saw the sun:) But hey! Who care's. It's my Aloha Style?!?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: