Thursday, August 11, 2011

What a day

I promised I wouldn't sit and blog all day. I'll make this one quick so please excuse my typos. Im not proofreading :)




We made it in one piece yesterday. All my preparing mentally for a flight from Hell was for nothing. The kids did great. I did great. We didn't crash, all in all a success!

We arrived at 1:30 local time, 4:30 home time. By the time we got our car and stopped at the store. Yes my first order of business was to check out the grocery options and let's just say this: they were expensive (minus) they had alcohol in the store and on sale (plus) they had salami, cheese and crackers (a must and plus) but no Corbett Canyon (a minus for Joe) But again all in all a success.

By the time we arrived it was 3ish local time and I was ready to be organized and enjoying this beautiful place. For anyone looking for a great place in Maui for a couple or for a family, Napili Kai, AMAZING! Old Aloha at it's best.
And well just look. This is from our lanai.





The kids were itching to see the sights and so were we, but we knuckled down and got everything unpacked and put away. Finally we headed out to explore our resort. The grounds are amazing and although older I feel so happy and comfortable here.

We headed towards the Sea House the amazing restaurant here at Napili Kai. I looked over to see the kids flirting with the ocean's edge. Fully dressed for dinner, Keegan gets surprised by an incoming wave. "I got wet!" "That happens!" I tell him :) "So you don't care?" they all ask. "Nope" I say thinking they only mean about Keegan's shorts. In they went. Oh well!









They were in Heaven! It was hilarious and everyone walking down the beach stopped to watch the spectacle :) I was in Heaven watching them. A little nervous, but knowing Joe and I were right there to rescue them in an instant, I relaxed, a little :) Plus the view made it a little easier.





After showering and RE-dressing. We headed to dinner. I tried to take pictures of the beautiful Caesar salad wedge with pomegranate seeds and Parmesan crisps but it didn't do it justice. It was amazing.





I dove so quickly into my Paniolo Ribeye with smashed Maui onion potatoes that I did not get a picture at all :) It was incredible. A little rare even for me but delicious.

The kids were on their best behavior. Like the kind of behavior where people are looking at us smiling and whispering and we know it's because they are being awesome not because they are being such little you know what's. I love those dining experiences. Every once in a blue moon when they happen :)

We went to bed at 9:30 local time which was 12:30 home time. Everyone was exhausted. They woke up at 6:30am Local. I actually got dressed and for the first time EVER went to the resorts fitness center. Not because I got lost and accidentally entered it but because I meant to!!!! :) There was a newlywed couple that was in there. Seriously 6:30am on MY honeymoon, I had WAY better things to do :)

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill because I hadn't had a chance to drive around and find a good road or trail yet. I would have done 1 more mile but the new husband guy was stalking my treadmill, I was next to the new wife lady.

I got back we got ready and were on the beach by 8am. When I talked to my mom at 11am local 2pm home time. She asked if we had been on the beach ALL DAY. She's all messed up because we are 3 hours behind home time and my sisters who are in Europe, are 9 hours ahead! I am so thankful to she and my dad and little sis Kelsey for doggie sitting our beloved Jagger boy-at our house! He is old and can't move well and needs them there. We are so appreciative! They said he's actually eating, not always the case when we leave, and happy!


But today is my 10th wedding Anniversary! 10 years ago right now we were just married and throwing one Hell of a party! I am so blessed to be sitting here right now. 10 years later, more in love then ever. So happy with my life. Of course there have been rough days, that's reality. What I love the most is that even on the roughest days there's nowhere else I'd rather be. My dad has always said, "When you find that there is NO ONE in this world you'd trade places with, that's when you realize how lucky you are... and then choosing to be happy is easy!"

I wouldn't trade places with anyone, especially not right now! To you Joe. The amount of luck, fun and love we've had over these 10 years seems unfairly proportioned in our favor." :) I can't wait for 50 more! I love you So much! :) So Happy Anniversary to you Joe- My incredible husband.

And Aloha to you all!








No comments: