Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My baby sis is 18!

 
This weekend we hosted the 18th birthday for my baby sister Kelsey and her boyfriend Trev. Yes I have an 18 year old sister. I was 14 when she was born. Almost 15! She was our family's "little surprise' let's say :) She was born on the first day of my Freshmen year of high school.  I cam home that day to my Nana sitting on the front porch waiting for me so she could tell me my mom was at the hospital...talking to my mom on the phone while she was in labor...yes she was talking on the phone, it was her first time ever having an epideral and she was loving it :)...And then hearing the news that we had a healthy new baby sister...Are all memories I will never forget.



Kelsey is one of the most special people in my life. She is my baby sis, my friend, a great Auntie Kel to my children and almost like a daughter some times. Being as we are spread apart by so many years and bridged by 2 sisters in between us, you might think that we weren't as close. BUT WE ARE! She has been a important presence in not only our family but in this my now own immediate family. She could have acted displaced by my children. But she never has. She was only 8 when Keegan was born. Sometimes they fight like brother and sister, but I am actually happy that I had my kids so young, it gave her the siblings she never knew she needed or wanted :)We treat her as part of our family and her favorite thing to do is call me Mom in public, just to piss me off :) She is an enormous help to me and a joyful piece of our crazy puzzle.

Kelsbadels, I hope that you know how incredibly amazing you are. You're beauty is only surpassed by your charm, kindness and SENSE OF HUMOR!!! You have such a true heart and I know that you will do incredible things in your life. I can not believe that 18 years have passed since you were brought into our lives, our home and our hearts. I can't wait to see what you do with the next 18! You bring happiness and fun into my life every day and I am so proud to be your big sister, well older sister, well BSFL :) I love you!

1 comment:

Kelseyyyy said...

I love you so much Ash. That was so sweet. I love the pictures by the way ;) You're the best, MUAH! BSFL :) And thanks to you and Joe for sharing your house for mine and Trevs birthday it coudln't have been any better... well maybe if you knew your friend had bridesmaids... ;) JK love you and I appreciate you guys so much.