Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1 Crazy Wonderful Year

So 1 year ago today, in fact pretty much to the hour, I published my first post. I was so nervous to start this. For a lot of reasons. I agonized over it, "why am I doing this? Will anyone read it? Will anybody relate? Will I have time to keep it up? Will I be able to do it right? Will it make me happy?"

Over this past year I have cooked many a meal, cried many a tear, laughed many a laugh and made many a connection. Connections with myself and so many out in the world. So amazing it has been to feel my experiences made someone laugh or cry with me, that they made a difference to someone...anyone! I feel so blessed. Thank you for spending time with me this past year:)

Wow, this is starting to sound forlorn. Fret not this is not the end, but a new beginning. The beginning of a New year! How exciting! My mind is spinning with ideas of recipes, daily life and ways to be organized enough to do it all. I am up for the challenge. I am excited for Summer and the freedom it presents. As well as the fun it puts in my path. I am ready for it all!

My biggest blog goal is to start more of a conversation. I know we all have Facebook and texting and not enough hours in the day but I like the idea of a Crazy Wonderful Community. So how do I make this happen? No I'm asking you :) I actually don't really know. So it will be something I work on.

This brings me to my first conversation starter. I NEED TO COOK! It will be about a month now since I REALLY got to cook. Besides tonight! Thanks Christa for inspiration :) But their saying the weather is starting to turn. It WAS nice last week! This makes me start thinking Summer Food! Grilling, salads, FRESH FARE! Yum!

A year ago last fall I held my first and only Holiday Recipe Exchange and it was a blast! I am itching now to have a Summer Recipe Exchange! Now to find a date? Good luck on that one but we could hold a virtual one. I mean we'll all need to drink separately but as long as it is for the general good...I say we're good :)

So the idea behind the Summer recipe exchange is to make your favorite Summer Recipe (take pictures:) and email it to me at crazywonderful4me@gmail.com
I will be creating a Summer Recipe Exchange Page on my blog! I'll share all your recipes as well as mine. That way they are all there for everyone to go to. What's your favorite dinner on a HOT summer night? What's your go to beautiful Summer morning breakfast? Feet up on the deck soaking In the sun cocktail? Please share :)

This way we all can enJOY :)
and thanks for a great year!!!
Ashley

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: