Saturday, May 19, 2012

Dream Jeans- Part 2

So almost exactly a year ago I wrote about my dream jeans. The jeans from college that have been sitting up on my shelf. Just waiting and waiting- to be tried on, laughed at, then taken back off and put back on the shelf. As I said in that post this is something I do from time to time. Well imagine my surprise when last week (amongst all the craziness) I was getting dressed when Joe said "Hey are those your special jeans?" "No" I said sadly but it got me thinking and next thing I knew I was grabbing them off my top shelf. As usual I dusted them off, pulled them on, got to the point they have stopped for the past 10 years and then... I passed it. I held my breath, there would be no way I could button them...but yet...VICTORY! "I won't wear them" I thought but then they felt ok. I hadn't passed out yet and I was feeling a little elated at the fact I was wearing them again. I walked around a proud woman. Only those closest to me knew the secret behind my smile that day. They were proud of me too. They know how long and hard I have worked and waited to be here again. I wore them all day. I returned home that afternoon still sporting my dream jeans. But the dream part was starting to fade. Funny how that goes. I wait all this time and suddenly I realize, Holy Crap! Apparently they didn't add stretch to jeans until more recently then almost 11 years ago. Apparently I also didn't need it almost 11 years ago. Supposedly though my jeans didn't stretch, the metal button closure does. It was pulling further and further part a the day went on. Leaving me with a very busy zipper falling down problem. Also I was unaware that chafing on one's hips becomes increasingly uncomfortable the more one's dream jeans rub on them. Ouch. Well it was somewhere around then the button popped open on my jeans leaving me with such an overwhelming sense of JOY :) I happily, peacefully and with a sense of pride took off my dream jeans. Folded them up and put them back up on the shelf. For another day? Maybe. But maybe not. I did it! The impossible that I thought I'd never do! It made me happy for a few moments...ok hours :) But I realized eventually that it wasn't the jeans themselves that were making me happy. It was going over all the hard work that it took to get them back on. The reasons that they didn't fit in the first place and then realizing (for real this time) that I could, but didn't need them in order to be happy. YAY! Sweet dreams and enJOY!

No comments: