Monday, June 4, 2012

My twist on Chicken Caprese

This was filling but light and soooo tasty!


I just so happened to have fresh basil, grape tomatoes, chicken breasts, and fresh mozzarella balls marinating in balsamic. My mom lovingly dropped off some cut spaghetti (My favorite pasta these days) Thanks to Christa again for mentioning her idea of Chicken Caprese, it was music to my ears :)

I breaded my chicken after messaging Christa to see her plan of action :) She was breach hers too. I decided to try this taller measuring cup instead of the shallow bowl I usually use to dredge my chicken. I have to say I think I liked it!



Mix the eggs well!


I added a splash of milk and salt and pepper to the eggs.


I pounded the chicken breasts between sheets of parchment.


I'm telling you...parchment people :)


Dredged the chicken in the egg mixture and then...





...flour mixed with Italian Seasonings.






Coat well on both sides...really all over.


I laid the prepared breasts on (more:) parchment


Then browned them in a hot pan with olive oil. Maybe 5 minutes or so on each side.





I placed the breasts in an oiled 13x9 Pyrex and once they were all done being browned I put them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Check the internal temp to be sure they are ready to eat.


When the pasta was done cooking I took the chicken breast I was eating out and placed the marinated mozzarella balls on it.


Then halved the grape tomato and some chopped basil and tossed them in a bowl with balsamic vinegar.


And threw those on too.:)


I wanted to melt the cheese and cook the tomatoes quickly without over cooking the chicken. So I turned it up to about 400 degrees and just watched it closely.


I served it over cut spaghetti with a small salad. oh my goodness! The flavors were AMAZING!

enJOY!!!!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Rachael Gardner said...

I'm trying this out tonight! I cant wait - it looks AMAZING!!!! :)

Ashley said...

Hope you like it Rach! Let me know if it works out :)

Christa said...

looked super yummy!! Mine was pretty tasty too!