Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Homemade Syrup

We had breakfast for dinner the other night. Pancakes, bacon and fried eggs. I realized that I had NO syrup after I already started my pancakes so there was no turning back :) I have made homemade syrup before (very simply) but I was in the market for something a little more authentic. After looking through several recipes I combined a few to make this.

Here's what you need:

1 1/2 c. brown sugar (packed)
3/4 c. water
1 tbsp. butter
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In your saucepan, mix together: brown sugar, water, butter and salt.

Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Stirring constantly

Remove from heat.

Stir in maple flavoring and vanilla.

Serve warm.

I doubled the recipe and have enough left over for several batches of pancakes. I am keeping it in the fridge because I am not sure how it will keep. I will heat it up before serving it anyways so...Yum! 
enJOY!

No comments: