Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Saturday's Activity Marathon

Delaney had a special event at school Saturday. As is our family tradition on this day, it was just Joe, Delaney and I. We left the other kids with my parents and headed to school and thus the marathon day began. Afterwards we took her to Ivar's for a special lunch. It was a beautiful day down by the water, and I think she was SO excited to have us all to her self :)





 I celebrated with a mini bottle of Chandon Rose. Yum!

 Delaney wanted me to take a picture of the butter :) Joe started to get embarrassed about then :)
\
 This knife and fork Gorgonzola salad was AMAZING!
 Hot! Hot! Hot!
My Dungeness Crab Bisque was so yummy! I was REALLY glad that I only ordered the cup though after my salad I wouldn't have wanted to but it was so good, I would have eaten a whole bowl :)
 From lunch we went grabbed the other kiddos, changed and headed to Laney's last soccer game. They fought hard and finished the season with a not quite a win, but they had smiles on their faces, that's all that matters :) Now it was time for Disney's Toy Story 3 On Ice! Holy ssssmokes at this point Joe and I were starting to question our judgement packing this much into 1 day. 

  The show was fun. Maddie was so intrigued, and even though Keegan would probably deny it :) I think he even enjoyed it, don't tell anyone :) The kids were warned beforehand we wouldn't be buying every souvenir they saw which was pretty much like taking a starving person to a buffet and telling them that they couldn't eat :) They got a few treats and didn't complain too much when we passed on the 15 dollar slushies (Ridiculous!) All in all we had fun but we did have to scoot out just prior to the grand finale because... We were headed to the Husky Game...AAAaaaHHH!

 I went wearing purple and was REALLy rooting for the Dawgs, even though I was there as a secret Oregon fan, but it wasn't to be. The Ducks won out. Too bad since it was the last game at Husky Stadium as it is, BUT I was happy that the Duck's standings weren't hurt :) I know I am a dork, but I LOVE football. 

We didn't stop to reflect on the day, we just passed Go and went straight to bed after that. It was nice because we were kidless and therefore got a nice uninterrupted sleep. In which we woke from bright eyed and bushy tailed the next morning. I even got Joe to go RUNNING with me. Maybe it was the extra hour we gained from the Daylight Savings Time that clouded his judgement, but I think he had fun (kind of:) and I actually LOVED having him. Weird since I literally HATE working out with him normally :) I think that maybe for once this time I didn't feel like an out of shape P.O.S. while exercising. Except he did make me a little annoyed when he just started running no warm up and stayed just ahead of me. WHAT?!? I said I loved having him, it's good to have a little competition ;)

So this was the start of our crazy week. We had our fun concert date night last night. Shawn Mullins was AWESOME!! Listening to him always reminds me of the early days of Joe and I. It was fun to get a night out to go hit up a concert, something we used to do all the time.
 The Experience Music Project in Seattle is unbelievable! The Sky Church acoustics can't be beat. Shawn Mullin's smooth yet raspy sound came across beautifully. I hung on his every word :) Look how neat the room looked!If you haven't been down there yet, I highly suggest you go! Amazing!





I think we both feel it's well deserved time away. But always this time of year, it feels like we are asking for sitters constantly. Which I guess is OK since we generally don't require too many of them, but I start to feel a little bad when I have to ask over and over in a short period of time. From different auctions for work to meetings and scattered fun things this month is just a CRAZY one, every year! Now this weekend is our birthday weekend! Joe and I's birthdays are 2 days apart, so it's fun though hectic. We have some fun plans which I'll talk about later. But for now I am pooped just thinking about it all! I am finishing up lunches, convincing Maddie that despite her late nap, bedtime sounds FANTASTIC :)And then it's off to bed for me...Sooner then Later!

Night!


No comments: