Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pulled Pork Nachos




I always make WAY too much pulled pork. It's as easy to make a big one as a little one and it freezes well. I try to freeze it in a foil pan and then just put it in a jot oven to thaw. Super easy! Sam great taste, just add BBQ sauce if it seems drier then you remember.

Now you could throw it on a bun just like the first time...or take for a different spin. Nachos!!! Nachos???You say? Yes Nachos!

Here's what you need
-Tortilla chips (as always I say Juanita's:)
-Pulled pork
-Black beans
-Cole Slaw
-Shredded Cheddar
-JalapeƱos (I like the Tamed ones from Mezzeta)
-Cotija Cheese (optional)
-Corn (optional)
Now how I layered it step by step. This is a small personal batch :)

On a microwave safe plate-

Chips


Add pulled pork


Add cheddar cheese and Microwave until melted (you know your microwave...mine took about 30 seconds)


When nicely melted add cole slaw.


Black beans I would have added corn here if I'd had it :(


Tamed JalapeƱos and if you have it and/or want too Cotija Cheese.


I also drizzled a little BBQ sauce and sprinkled some freshly torn cilantro, just for looks :)

I am a firm believer and LOVER of the melding of flavors. So these REALLY appeal to me :) I hope they do to you as well!

enJOY!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: